We - the owners and staff of Details SalonSpa - take our role in helping create a better world very seriously. We are active contributors to a variety of causes as a business and individually. In doing so, we exemplify Aveda’s mission of environmental leadership and responsibility. And we hope to inspire other businesses to follow. Causes our salon and staff members contribute their time, talent and treasure to include:
• Aveda Earth Month Each year during the month of April, Aveda salon and spa professionals, employees and guests work together to raise funds for grassroots organizations that protect biodiversity and address environmental issues around the world.
• Ocean Beach Street Fair The annual fair is a tradition for locals and tourists who flock to OB for the live music and entertainment, unique vendors, talented artists and more.
• Ocean Beach holiday giving The OB community rallies to help the less fortunate by donating canned goods and non-perishable food items. Stores and restaurants offer discounts for participants.
• Surfrider Foundation Surfrider is a non-profit grassroots organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our world’s oceans, waves and beaches.
• California Native Plant Society The California Native Plant Society works hard to protect California's native plant heritage and preserve it for future generations.
• Coalition for Clean Air The Coalition for Clean Air is committed to restoring clean, healthy air to all of California and strengthening the environmental movement.
• Global Green Grants Through the sale of Light the Way candles in Aveda stores and salons such as Details SalonSpa each April, Aveda has raised millions of dollars for Greengrants grantmaking.